Welcome NYARM readers!
AEA offers a wide range of energy services, efficiency programs and educational opportunitie for managers of New York metro area buildings. We’ve pulled together some links that may interest you:
Energy Audits & Usage Analysis
- From benchmarking to energy audits, heating system specifications, and retro-commissioning, AEA’s experienced technical staff can help your building meet its energy goals. AEA performs renewable energy assessments and green building design services, as well. Read about these services and more here.
Local Law 84, 87, and Clean Heat Compliance
- Does your building burn #6 heating oil? If you did not meet the December 2013 deadline to convert to a clean heating fuel it is time to take action.
- Do you know which buildings you manage need to comply with Local Law 87 this year? AEA’s experienced analysts and technicians can help you meet requirements with a plan that meets your budget and building characteristics and identifies low-cost operational steps you can take to save energy right now.
- Did you miss the May 2014 energy benchmarking deadline for your building covered by Local Law 84? The new Portfolio Manager online tool makes it easier than ever to enter and track your building’s energy performance.
AEA can help you navigate your options and bring your building into compliance with New York City’s Greener, Greater Buildings laws. Find out how here.
Energy Efficiency Programs
AEA can help your buildings take advantage of energy efficiency programs and financial incentives to make the cost of installing energy efficient equipment more affordable.
- We are a NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program Energy Solutions Provider for both existing buildings and new construction, guiding projects to meet energy savings targets with energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- We are active in most NYSERDA programs serving multifamily housing and small homes.
- We are on the implementation team for the Con Edison Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program which serves eligible buildings in Con Edison service territory in New York City and Westchester. Our program focus is affordable housing and buildings with substantially low-income populations.
- We provide technical support to community-based New York City Weatherization Assistance Program subgrantee agencies that directly provide Weatherization upgrades to income-eligible buildings in their communities, and we deliver Weatherization services directly to buildings in our assigned service territory in the South Bronx.
Our training for property managers, building operators, and other real estate managers can help your company meet its energy goals and maintain systems to keep the savings coming.
Did you know that AEA’s Energy Efficient Building Operations Specialist course is available in both English and Spanish?
If you have an Energy Management System installed in your building, do you know how to be an informed consumer of the reports it provides, to get the most from your investment? If the building manager has bypassed the controls to respond to a tenant complaint, would you know? Did you know your EMS may be able to alert you to expensive water leaks? Our new course on Operating and Monitoring your EMS will tell you how to optimize energy savings with this technology. We have installed, functional systems from seven major manufacturers in place in our boiler lab.