Tax Credit Allocation Committee (TCAC) Sustainable Building Methods
By working closely with our clients, AEA can help your design team achieve the highest possible TCAC (Tax Credit Allocation Committee) application score and the most efficient, healthy and durable building. As our team includes HERS Raters, Green Point Raters, LEED Accredited Professionals , Certified Energy Plans Examiners, and experienced building commissioning agents, AEA has become a one-stop shop for clients looking to apply for TCAC competitive tax credits. We are able to guide clients smoothly through the entire TCAC process by offering the following services:
- A site visit and diagnostic testing of the existing building.
- For new construction or adaptive reuse buildings, AEA will work with the client to choose a set of energy
saving measures that will be cost effective and provide LEED or GreenPoint Rated certification, and
prepare and submit any documentation as necessary.
- For adaptive reuse buildings, AEA will work with the client to choose a set of energy savings measures
that will provide the greatest improvement in energy use over the existing building, and prepare and
submit any documentation as necessary.
- An initial energy model (Test-in model) with predicted savings, and uploading of the initial model for a
HERS II score as needed.
- A detailed report for the client outlining any recommendations and associated savings for submittal to
- HERS I verification of all modeled energy savings recommendations
- Adjusted energy model (Test-out model) of actual installed building conditions
- Creation of a project-specific maintenance manual (TCAC section 10325(c)(6)(E))
- Teaching of the BPI Multifamily Building Operator training, as required by TCAC section 10325(c)(6)(E).
- Building commissioning of installed systems as required by TCAC section 10325(c)(6)(E).
For more information, see the following link: