Con Edison Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program
This program is designed to help reduce energy costs and promote energy efficiency in multifamily buildings in New York City and Westchester County. AEA is the Implementation Contractor working directly with Con Edison to carry out the program in Con Edison gas and electric service territory.
Buildings that participate in the program can receive financial incentives for installing approved energy efficiency upgrades to building systems and may also obtain free in-unit energy efficiency measures. An energy survey is also provided, in order to identify further opportunities for energy savings.
Multifamily Buildings of all sizes (including rent-controlled, rent-stabilized and market-rate rentals as well as co-op or condo buildings) with an active Con Edison common area electric or firm gas, account are eligible.
ELIGIBLE ENERGY EFFICIENCY MEASURES
Program measures include, but are not limited to:
- Heating system upgrades to high efficiency equipment
- Roof and heating pipe insulation
- Heating control installation, including energy management systems, boiler reset controls, programmable thermostats, and thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs)
- High-efficiency fluorescent and LED lighting, occupancy sensors, LED exit signs and exterior lighting
- Central air conditioning upgrades
Direct Install Measures in the Apartment Units. In apartment units, free measures may include installation of LED light bulbs (up to 10 per unit). Depending on the Con Edison account type, low-flow showerheads and bathroom and kitchen faucet aerators may also be provided. Depending on the heating system characteristics, eligible firm gas buildings may also receive thermostatic radiator valves.
More Information on How to Participate
If you are the owner or property manager of one or more properties that you believe qualify for this program, you can:
- View a more detailed description of incentives available under the program in English here.
- View answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Con Edison’s Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program here.
- For more information about the Program, please call toll-free 877-634-9443 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find out about other Con Edison energy efficiency programs, visit www.coned.com/energyefficiency or call 877.870.6118.
- For help with billing questions or service matters, please call Con Edison directly at 800.75.CONED (800.752.6633).
- To view our most recent Participating Contractors List*, please click here.
- If you are a contractor interested in learning how to participate in the program, please email us at email@example.com or speak with Vince Perez at 718.292.6733, ext. 8251. Be sure identify yourself as a contractor and provide your contact information. You will be contacted directly by an AEA representative with information about the contractor qualification process and upcoming orientation sessions.
*Participants in the program are responsible for selecting contractors to perform installation work.
- To read Con Edison’s Press Release about the 2012 Achievement Award winners, click here.
- To learn about the Con Edison MFEE Program 2011 Achievement Award winners, click here.
- To view an article about the Program featured in the April issue of Habitat Magazine, click here.
- To view a spotlight by Habitat Magazine on 55 Hudson “Hitting the Lotto” by participating in the Con Edison MultiFamily Energy Efficiency Program, please click here.
|Con Edison incentives helped reduce building operating costs at 733 East 9th Street, Manhattan. Click here to read the case study.||Incentives from Con Edison helped the board at 55 Hudson Street, Manhattan get $10,000 for boiler replacement. Click here to read the case study.|