Affiliations and Industry Partners
New York Metro Area Weatherization Subgrantee Network
AEA represents, supports, and collaborates with its member agencies comprised of New York City metro area subgrantees of the State of New York delivering Weatherization Assistance Program services to help low-income communities address their electricity, gas and water needs. As a Weatherization technical assistance and training center, funded by NY State Homes and Community Renewal, AEA provides technical assistance and construction related services to these downstate New York agencies. AEA also assists its members in leveraging funding from NYSERDA and utility energy efficiency programs to maximize the impact of energy efficiency program dollars in their communities.
For a list of Weatherization subgrantees in the greater New York City region, click here.
Training Certifications and Accreditation
- Building Performance Institute — BPI affiliate since 1998, approved Test Center
- Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA)
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) – AEA’s training programs leading to Advanced Home Energy Professional certification (Energy Auditor, Crew Leader, Retrofit Installer, Quality Control Inspector) are accredited by IREC
- Passive House Academy (PHA) — courses leading to internationally accepted certifications
from Germany’s PassivHaus Institut
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Recognized Training Provider
- Green Building Certification Council
- AEA National Weatherization Training Center Distance Learning Network
For a list of our National Weatherization Training Center Distance Learning Network partners, click here.
- Build It Green
- Grid Alternatives Tri-State
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- Illinois Home Performance Contractor training (discounts for short courses administered by Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance)
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Industry Organizations
- Association of Energy Engineers (New York Chapter)
- California Energy Efficiency Industry Council
- California Association of Building Energy Consultants (CABEC)
- Efficiency First
- GRID Alternatives/GRID Alternatives Tri-State
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- New York Passive House
- North American Passive House Network
- New York Solar Energy Industries Association
- New York State Weatherization Policy Advisory Council
- New York State Weatherization Directors’ Association (NYSWDA)
- Urban Green Council, New York Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
Affordable Housing Organizations
- New York Affordable Housing Management Association (NYAHMA), Associate Member
- Supportive Housing Network of New York, Affiliate Member
Energy and Water Conservation Services, Inc. (ENAWAC)
Founded in 1996, ENAWAC performs water and energy efficiency services in commercial and multifamily properties. ENAWAC is a NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Partner and a Con Edison Multifamily Energy Efficiency Program participating contractor. ENAWAC has served as a subcontractor under Con Edison’s Small Business Direct Install Program and National Grid’s Low Income Gas Efficiency Program.
New York City Workforce Development Partners
AEA provides specialized occupational training for careers in energy efficiency to job seekers through partnerships with nonprofit organizations that recruit, assess and prepare applicants for work in our field.
For a list of current and recent workforce partners, click here.
Other Industry Partnerships and Affiliations
US Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense Promotional Partner
US Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Accelerator: Clean Energy for Low Income Communities